Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Home to Seaview Key

 Title: Home to Seaview Key
By Sherryl Woods

The Gist:
The last thing Abby Miller is looking for, when she returns home to Seaview Key, is the first thing that she finds.  From the moment that she meets Seth Landry, the handsome paramedic, she can’t help but feel a strong pull to another chance at love.
While Abby goes about doing the jobs that she came to do, giving back to the place that formed her, mending lost friendships, and rediscovering the person that she once was, she and Seth continue to circle each other, growing closer with each rotation. 
However, even when two people listen to their heads, and agree on a plan for friendship, the heart sometimes overrides logic.  These two wounded souls must decide whether a chance at something great is worth risking their hearts once again.

What I thought:
Smile.  It happens every time that I open a new Sherryl Woods novel, and this novel was no exception.  Miss Woods knows how to capture her readers and hold them in a warm, safe place as she tells tale after tale of family, friendship, and love. 
I had not read the first novel in this series, Seaview Inn, (although I have now made that purchase, and look forward to going back to Seaview Key), but I thought that this story read well as a stand alone novel.  I loved the character of Abby, she was strong and independent, but was always very understanding of everyone’s feelings, and never withheld forgiveness.  I also enjoyed watching Abby and Seth’s relationship build slowly through their friendship, creating an incredibly strong foundation for the future.
As I was reading this book, I felt that the ending was a little rushed.  Upon further reflection however, I wonder if it didn’t seem rushed because I simply wasn’t ready for the story to end.  I would recommend this story to anyone who enjoys to read romantic stories that bring a smile to your face, and warm your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment