Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pelican Point by Donna Kauffman

 
The Gist:
            After a horrible personal tragedy, Alex McFarland decides to jump back on the horse and throw her self into the work that she has always loved.  In doing so, she signs on to restore an old lighthouse in Blueberry Cove, ME.  When she arrives, no one is as surprised as Logan McCrae, the town sheriff and actual owner of the lighthouse.
      As sparks fly between Logan and Alex, both battle their pasts and push away from each other, only to find themselves coming back together with more force and passion.  With the town rooting on both the restoration effort, and the possibility of love, Alex and Logan must decide if they are willing to let go of their past heartache and risk their hearts on each other.

What I thought:
            This was the first book that I have ever read by Donna Kauffman, and it was very enjoyable.  The characters were well developed, and their struggles leapt off of the page.  I enjoyed meeting Alex and Logan, but mostly I really connected with the town of Blueberry Cove.
      Blueberry Cove is one of those places that everyone longs to live, think Stars Hollow (for any of you Gilmore Girl fans out there).  It is a quirky place with many residents that I would like to learn more about, and lucky for me, this is the first book in a new series!  I can’t wait to escape to this town and these people again.
      My only critique about this book was that at times it seemed a bit repetitive, mainly in the scenes where Alex is lusting after Logan- although I understand the intent, for me it made the story drag a bit.
      All in all, I do recommend this story for anyone dealing with a personal loss, or anyone looking to connect to a new group of characters that, I’m assuming, will soon become friends to all readers as this series grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment