Friday, March 14, 2014

Cassidy Lane


Title: Cassidy Lane

By Maria Murnane


The Gist:
Although Cassidy Lane walks in to her twenty year high school reunion a successful author of a number of novels, she can’t help but feeling like the same old straight-A student that was never asked to the prom.  That is until Brandon Forrester, a man with striking grey eyes, who she doesn’t even remember from her past, takes an interest in her. 
The two embark on a virtual relationship (since they are living on opposite coasts) that brings about all of the feelings that were normally reserved for the pages of Cassidy’s books.  As Cassidy struggles with her current novel, and Brandon struggles with a bad run of luck in his family, Cassidy must figure out not only what kind of author she is to become, but also what path she should take to her own personal happily ever after.

What I thought:
Beautiful!  This was a wonderfully written story that had a unique quality that touched my heart, and made me smile.  The character of Cassidy is impossible not to like, and hope for, and her collection of friends and family are so real to life that you will feel as though you truly know them.
This story flows so smoothly from beginning to end, making it easy to get lost in Cassidy’s life.  I appreciated that this wasn’t the typical chick-flick storyline of boy meets girl, boy and girl fight, boy and girl fall in love and live happily ever after.  This novel will hold your heart, break your heart, and put it back together, leaving you with hope!
As wonderful as the entire story is, this novel is entirely made by its ending.  I won’t spoil it for you, but I do not believe that an ending has had such a profound effect on me... ever!  I can only hope that Miss Murnane will continue with this character, because I cannot wait to read more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deby, thank you for this wonderful review of my book! I have a new one coming out in a few months that I'd like to send you, but I can't find any contact information on your blog. If you see this, please email me at maria@mariamurnane.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete