Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Bella Andre


Title: Kissing Under the Mistletoe
By Bella Andre
The Gist:
While decorating the tree in anticipation of her grown children’s arrivals for the holidays, Mary Sullivan lets her mind wander back in time to her own love story with her late husband Jack.  As the snow falls, she relives the initial spark that she felt when she first set eyes on the man that was to be hers, as well as the doubt that plagued her, the undeniable pull that wouldn’t let her go, and some very memorable kisses under the mistletoe.
What I thought:
I have heard about the Sullivan books before, but this was my first read in the series.  Let me tell you, I started with the right book!  I really like the idea of beginning with the love story of the parents, and then finding out how their influence affected their children’s love stories.
I knew that I was going to love this story from the prologue, and I’m sure that if you are a mom like me, who loves a warm happy story, you would agree that watching this mom unwrap Christmas ornaments and remembering Christmases past really hits home, but it was the last line that gave me that “wow” feeling... “And as Mary closed her eyes to savor her memories of falling in love with Jack Sullivan, the first snowflakes of winter began to fall...” (Andre, location 146)
This story was the absolute perfect example of love at first sight, and two people who were completely meant to be.  You could feel the sizzle right through the pages, even without the bedroom scenes.  I appreciated that even though these two people were made for each other, they still had to overcome insecurities from the past, as well as doubts because everything seemed too perfect. 
This story takes readers from California to Italy on a journey of true love that made not only a couple, but a family.  I am excited to return to the Sullivan’s and meet the children of Jack and Mary.  With an example like this couple, I’m sure that there is much more love in those pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment